This is ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML review brought to you by Clickuz.
ASUS Zenfone Zoom, some may heard of it some may not.
It’s a powerful nemesis of the red speedster superhero – The Flash.
Why? Its fast, its ruthless in managing all the stuff we throw at it and wickedly it takes superb photos.
From ASUS purview, Zoom derives from the ability of the phone that have integrated camera zoom ability hence the name.
All-in-all…you won’t be able to find a phone as wickedly good as this Zoom!
The Wicked Phone
You must be skeptical when I tell you the phone is wicked.
But, it really is…wicked in terms of speed, build quality, design and camera.
I found it difficult using the phone with a case, and going back to my Octa-Core phone with 16MP as I am so used with the camera clarity and quality.
I basically brought this phone for Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration at my kampung, and its basically a good journey for me as I really utilize the phone for all the needed features like phone, sms, Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, Waze, music video (Raya Song yeahh!) for long trips and especially the camera.
It handle it very well and also give a few head turns as well like ‘what phone is that, is that really ASUS phone?’ and of course they were under impression it was cheap but cheap things are not as good as this gets you 😉
It was a good Aidilfitri especially the photoshoot part thanks to the Zoom.
It was a companion that didn’t fail me and with the fast charging, I am able to charge and continue using it in a very fast manner.
I also share some of the photos I have for the Raya celebration in this article.
Great Feature About Zenfone Zoom
- One of very few phone that offer optical zoom.
- A very new and premium design to the Zenfone series.
- Fast Intel Quad Core processor running at 2.3Ghz. Desktop power on your phone.
- ASUS Zen UI as usually but Marshmallow is now officially ready for the phone.
What I Want From This Phone?
- Camera software optimization using Auto mode. For really good picture, you need to use Manual mode.
- Dual sim as almost all ASUS phone comes with that as standard.
- Octacore processor is now standard, even its not really fast or practical its everywhere now so quad core seems a bit outdated.
- 5,000 mAh like the Zenfone Max, I am pretty sure ASUS can slot in that capacity somewhere in the phone.
ASUS Zenfone Zoom equipped with 13MP front camera with f/2.7-4.8, 28-84mm (3x optical zoom), laser autofocus, OIS and dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
Below are some sample photos taken from ASUS Zenfone Zoom.
You Should Expect
- Superb photo taking ability that can replace compact digital camera.
- A very premium feel and design for the Zenphone series.
- Practical size, performance and all round smartphone.
- Value for money phone compared to the rest of the other competitors product (especially for a camera phone function such as this).
You Shouldn’t Expect
- Not for selfie kaki, front camera is good but doesn’t rival the others and the rear camera awesomeness.
- Don’t only rely on Auto especially for low lighting condition.
- Expect this will be the similar price range for any existing ASUS that you use or see before.
A value for money camera phone that you can opt for compared to those more than RM2,300 options in the market and this one comes with Hoya lenses, Laser Zoom, OIS, Dual LED Flash and build in 3x Optical Zoom!
Those looking for a good value for money camera phone that actually provide the same exact features that you find from an actually compact camera.
Direct competitor would be: Samsung K Zooom but it does not seem its available in Malaysia. Other camera phone does not come with the optical zoom.
I would go naked for this one due to the sexiness and premium feel of the body while holding it and a decent Tempered Glass.
If you have any questions, please comment below and I will answer you.